Facts to make every indian proud
Q. Who is the GM of Hewlett Packard (hp) ?
A. Rajiv Gupta
Q. Who is the creator of Pentium chip (needs no introduction as 90% of the today's computers run on it)?
A. Vinod Dahm
Q. Who is the 4'th richest man of the world?
A. According to the latest report on Forbes Magazine, it is Mukesh Ambani
Q. Who is the founder and creator of Hotmail (Hotmail is world's No.1 web based email program)?
A. Sabeer Bhatia
Q. Who is the president of AT & T-Bell Labs (AT & T-Bell Labs is the creator of program languages such as C, C++, Unix to name a few)?
A. Arun Netravalli
Q. Who is the new MTD (Microsoft Testing Director) of Windows 2000, responsible to iron out all initial problems?
A. Sanjay Tejwrika
Q. Who are the Chief Executives of CitiBank?
A. Vikram Pandit
Q. We Indians are the wealthiest among all ethnic groups in
There are 3.22 millions of Indians in
38% of doctors in
12% scientists in
36% of NASA scientists are Indians.
34% of Microsoft employees are Indians.
28% of IBM employees are Indians.
17% of INTEL scientists are Indians.
13% of XEROX employees are! Indians.
Some of the following facts may be known to you. These facts were recently published in a German magazine, which deals with WORLD HISTORY FACTS ABOUT INDIA .
3. The world's first University was established in Takshila in 700BC. More than 10,500 students from all over the world studied more than 60 subjects.. The
4. According to the Forbes magazine, Sanskrit is the most suitable language for computer software.
5. Ayurveda is the earliest school of medicine known to humans.
6. Although western media portray modern images of
7. The art of navigation was born in the river Sindh 5000 years ago. The very word 'Navigation' is derived from the Sanskrit word NAVGATIH.
8. The value of pi was first calculated by Budhayana, and he explained the concept of what is now k! nown as the Pythagorean Theorem. British scholars have (1999) officially published that Budhayan's works dates to the 6 th Century which is long before the European mathematicians.
9. Algebra, trigonometry and calculus came from
10. According to the Gemmological Institute of America, up until 1896,
12. The earliest reservoir and dam for irrigation was built in Saurashtra.
13. Chess was invented in
14. Sushruta is the father of surgery. 2600 years ago he and health scientists of his time conducted surgeries like cesareans, cataract, fractures and urinary stones. Usage of anaesthesia was well known in ancient
15. When many cultures in the world were only nomadic forest dwellers over 5000 years ago, Indians established Harappan culture in
16. The place value system, the decimal system was developed in
We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made.
If there is one place on the face of earth where all dreams of living men have found a home from the very earliest days when man began the dream of existence, it is
French scholar Romain Rolland.